Saturday, January 31, 2015

Why we are here

It's been a very long time since I've blogged but I have wanted to create a page to distribute my music for quite some time. Some day I'll have a professional website with lots of fun bells and whistle (music reference ;) or maybe I won't. For now at least I'm working towards something.

Please know that my purpose in this is to share my own testimony and hopefully have others feel the Spirit of God through this music.
      "We get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing except prayer." - President J Reuben Clark Jr. 
For my non LDS friends, President Clark was a leader in our church who spoke those words during a General Conference. We take the words of those spoken in that setting as modern day scripture.

Now for the meat of it. In this blog you will find recordings as well as sheet music. Please let me know if you would like something special written up, I would love to help. I'm also going to include the history behind these arrangements and songs. It has been my experience and belief that some of the most important things we can do are to: First, fill our lives with the Holy Ghost, or Spirit of God. That Spirit can serve as a protection for us in a tumultuous world where we need all the help we can get. Second, to recognize the feelings of the Spirit. And third, to share that Spirit with the world.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Vickie. I love your new arrangement of "I am a Child of God"!! We are going to use it in our Primary program this year. I am wondering if you have an MP3 of it. I would love to include it on our CD for the kids to learn it with. Thanks,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete